Welcome to the Golden Community Visual Arts Society Web Site: Rocky Mountain Art.
The purpose of the Society is to provide an organization in Golden and Area “A” that is dedicated to the Visual Arts and Artists:
- Foster a forum and/or place for visual artists to connect with one another, share ideas and display their work
- Support visual art education and mentoring for emerging and professional artist and interested community members
- Celebrate visual art through the promotion and recognition of visual art artists within the community.
- In part to act as a social enterprise to support the Society’s purpose.
- All sales are subject to a twenty percent (20%) commission.
We welcome any of our neighbouring artists from within the Columbia Basin to consider becoming a member. Specifically, if you live in the Invermere valley to Revelstoke we would like you to join our group. The website is operated by the Golden Community Visual Arts Society, and therefore members of that community will be voting members and benefit from reduced yearly fees.
- Each artist can submit a maximum of 10 works to post of the website.
- Each artist must follow the format outlined in the submission form. Specifically, we want consistency of Name, Title, Size, Medium, Framed or unframed and Cost.
- Each artist is encouraged to view the instructional video of how to photograph their work prior to submission. We have a great page on how to do that here.
- Work will be uploaded to the website on the second week of every month by our administrator.
- If you sell a work you will be notified by our administrator and you have 5 days to print off the label and deliver the item to the purchaser, unless you have made specific other arrangements with the purchaser. Failure to do so will mean that you can no longer participate in the website.
- We suggest you send a personalized note inside the package, to the purchaser to thank them for their purchase.
- We will send you a commission etransfer once a month after you have delivered the work that you have sold.
- If you have any questions please send an to email to questions